Hello friends! We finally put up our peel and stick wallpaper yesterday and I am so in love with the finished result! The exact wallpaper I picked out can be found here, and my full round up of favorite wallpapers I was deciding between can be found here!
If I’m being honest, the process of putting the wallpaper up was a bit stressful and more difficult than I anticipated. The specific wallpaper I bought did not come with the best instructions, so we just took it upon ourselves to figure out the best approach! Our specific wallpaper is patterned and came in 4 separate vertical panels, so lining up the panels exactly to match the pattern on the wall presented a bit of a challenge! I will leave my top tips below that helped us during the process!
Tip #1 – Ensure the top of your wallpaper is level
This is the MOST important tip I have for installing your peel and stick wallpaper. We definitely ran into some issues because our panels were not perfectly level at the top of our wall. If the top of the panel is not level, as you continue to peel and stick the wallpaper down the wall it will ever so slightly veer diagonally. This will result in creasing, and will also make it more difficult to line up the pattern for the next panels.
Tip #2 – Squeegee
To prevent and erase any bubbles use a squeegee to really press the paper down as you peel it. It definitely helps to have two people working on each panel. As one person peels and sticks the paper down, the other person runs the squeegee over the paper to evenly press through any bubbles!
Tip #3 – Pattern Alignment
The hardest part for us when putting the wallpaper up was aligning the pattern for each panel. Similar to the squeegee, it is helpful if one person focuses on peeling and sticking the wallpaper and the other person focuses on aligning the pattern. Since our panels were not perfectly level (tip #1), it was nearly impossible to get the pattern to line up exactly. I intentionally creased some areas of the wallpaper if the pattern was not lining up as we continued peeling down the panel. While we were applying the wallpaper I thought it was not matching up great and there were quite a few creases, but to my surprise when I stepped back you could not see any imperfections!
Although applying the patterned wallpaper was a bit tricky, I highly recommend a busy pattern because it camouflages any imperfections, and the pattern really does blend together even if it is not lined up perfectly!
Hi loves! We are in the process of doing a cosmetic renovation to our bedroom and I could not be more excited. I am creating a cozy corner in our room with an egg chair, adorable pillows, fluffy rug, and an accent wall! I started my search for our accent wall first. I knew I wanted some type of muted patterned wallpaper and came across the new trend of peel and stick wallpaper! I have no idea which pattern I want to go with, but I wanted to share some of the patterns I am deciding between. I’ve discovered some amazing brands during this search, and I cannot wait to try them out! Even if you are in the market for a bolder pattern, there is no shortage of adorable prints and colors to bring your walls to life!
- Magnolia Home – I had NO idea Joanna Gaines had her own peel and stick wallpaper line, but are we surprised at how gorgeous it is?! This pattern may be a bit too bright for what I’m personally going for, but I feel like I need to find a space in my home to put it because it’s just too pretty!
- RoomMates – I am SO happy I discovered this brand! This specific pattern I think would look really cute in a bathroom, but they also have so many other adorable patterns like this blue tiled pattern, which if you know me you know I am just obsessed!
- Loomwell – Barlow – This brand is seriously out of a magazine! I fell in love with all of their patterns, especially their adorable floral nursery designs! Seriously saving them in my back pocket for nursery decor one day! My other two favorites from this brand for my bedroom space are the Oakley and Ivy.
- Etsy – WatercolourWorkshop – This is a top contender for our bedroom accent wall! I am in love with the muted colors and the herringbone pattern.
- Etsy – TimberleaMinimal – Another gorgeous tile-like pattern! It may be slightly busy for the large area we need, but I still think I am going to order a sample to test it out!
- Etsy – IPInteriors – I am seriously kicking myself for not discovering this before finishing my office! This is definitely too feminine for our bedroom, but I am in love with the floral pattern and gold tones, it would have been absolutely perfect for my office!
- Etsy – artlinkwallpaper – Similar to #2, I think this pattern would look great in a bathroom behind a mirror! I am loving this trend, and now I am seriously thinking of adding some wallpaper like this to our downstairs bath!
- Etsy – AccentuWall – In love with this pattern, and this company has many other beautiful prints!
I will be deciding on a wallpaper over the next few days, let me know which one is your favorite!